I acknowledge that during the course of performing my assigned duties at Defcon-5 I may have
access to, use, or disclose confidential health or other private client information. I hereby agree to handle such information in a confidential manner at all times during and after my employment and commit to the following obligations:
- I will use and disclose confidential health or other private client information only in connection with and for the purpose of performing my assigned duties.
- I will request, obtain or communicate confidential health or other private client information only as necessary to perform my assigned duties and shall refrain from requesting, obtaining or communicating more confidential health or other private client information than is necessary to accomplish my assigned duties.
- I will take reasonable care to properly secure confidential health or other private client information on my computer and will take steps to ensure that others cannot view or access such information. When I am away from my workstation or when my tasks are completed, I will log off my computer or lock the computer in order to prevent access by unauthorized users.
- I will not disclose my personal password(s) to anyone without the express written permission of my supervisor or record or post it in an accessible location and will refrain from performing any tasks using another's password.
I understand that as an employee of Defcon-5 that is a computer service provider, I may be exposed to client information that is governed by the rules and regulations established under HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and related policies and procedures of Defcon-5. Therefore, with regard to client information, I commit to the following additional obligations:
- I will use and disclose confidential health or other private client information solely in accordance with the federal and company policies set forth above or elsewhere. I also agree to familiarize myself with any periodic updates or changes to such policies in a timely manner.
- I will immediately report any unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential health or other private client information that I become aware of to the appropriate supervisor.
I also understand and agree that my failure to fulfill any of the obligations set forth in this Agreement and/or
my violation of any terms of this Agreement shall result in my being subject to appropriate disciplinary action,
up to and including, termination of employment.
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________ Date: ___________________
All Defcon-5 staff must agree to the above terms and conditions to be eligible for employment, and applies to any and all work performed by Defcon-5.
Last Updated: 06/17/2008 11:03 PM